2015 Annual Meeting
The Twenty-Third Annual Meeting of the Society for Seventeenth-Century Music and the Biennial Conference of the American Handel Society will be hosted jointly this year by the School of Music at the University of Iowa, 23–26 April, 2015.
The program will include:
- Four days of scholarly paper sessions and panels
- The AHS Howard Serwer Memorial Lecture, given this year by Nicholas McGegan
- Board and Member meetings of the two Societies
- Three musical events performed by University of Iowa and Iowa City groups:
- Monteverdi’s 1610 Vespers with a pre-concert lecture by Jeffrey Kurtzman
- A recital of organ music from the 17th and 18th centuries
- Handel’s oratorio Judas Maccabaeus
For initial information on the April meeting, please visit the University of Iowa Joint Meeting Page.
For further information contact the local organizer Prof. Robert Ketterer. For information on abstracts and the program, please contact Prof. Wendy Heller.